CSU-Pueblo ranked number one for distance learning program

Colorado State University-Pueblo has been ranked number one amongst 41 regionally accredited universities on the GetEducated.com affordability and credibility ranking for its distance education bachelor degrees.

GetEducated.com was founded in 1989 and it is a consumer advocacy group that reviews, rates and ranks online colleges. It uses dimensions that matter most to the consumers, which are cost and credibility.

“It is just a tremendous honor to receive this ranking, not to mention a great selling point for future CSU-Pueblo students,” said Cora Zaletel, executive director of external affairs at CSU-Pueblo.

CSU-Pueblo was ranked number one in degrees including psychology, social science and human services.

“The students that choose this program are a different market than CSU-Pueblo usually recruits, meaning that it interests people that aren’t in the normal 18-24 year-old range who are looking to go back to school,” Zaletel said.

“We had the most affordable and efficient degrees available for students pursuing their bachelors degree mainly in social science and sociology,” said James Malm, dean of continuing education at CSU-Pueblo.

Students will pay under $18,000 for a four-year degree completed through this distance learning program.

“What is great about this program is, for example, a soldier could be stationed here for a year and then get deployed. The soldier can continue being a student at CSU-Pueblo using this program even if that soldier is stationed all the way in Afghanistan,” Malm said.

State of residency does not matter in the distance learning tuition rate at CSU-Pueblo.

“It wouldn’t matter if the person was in Beijing, the tuition would still be the same as a Colorado resident,” Malm said.