CSU-Pueblo to develop three campus Projects

Colorado State University-Pueblo received funding from Pepsi Grants to enhance the appearance of the campus as well as to sponsor athletics.

“As part of that contract with them, they make a gift to the university of $30,000 a year,” said Joanne Ballard, vice president for finance and administration.

Ballard said part of the grant is for an athletic corporate sponsorship and the university will decide what will be done with the other part.

The university received proposals for three campus projects which included a tent structure, podiums for lecture auditoriums and cosmetic improvements to Belmont Residence Hall which included re-painting the entrance, constructing a brick structure around the cooling unit and the ThunderWolves seal will be placed on the entrance.

“We’re just trying to improve the physical appearance of the Belmont Residence Hall and get the kids in that a little more school pride,” Zaletal said.
    Zaletal said the university needed to own a tent because the university has outdoor events.

The tent structure will protect students from rainy or snowy weather.

The podiums will be placed in Hasan School for Business, Hoag Hall, Life Sciences Auditoriums, Massari Arena, the Occhiato University Center and University Library, a press release stated.
    Ballard said the podiums can be used for lectures in auditorium classrooms and the podiums will also be used for campus events too.

Zaletal said the projects will have a positive impact on student life and unify the campus.
    A committee reviewed the project proposals to enhance the university’s image.

The committee included Vice President for Finance and Administration, Joanne Ballard; Director of Student Activities, Nicky Damania; Athletics Director, Joe Folda; Associated Students’ Government President, Steve Titus; Athletics/Auxiliaries Financial Manager, John Toth and External Affairs Executive Director, Cora Zaletal.