Outdoor Pursuits climbing trip to Shelf Rock planned for Nov. 12

Kiersten Senff climbing at Shelf Road on a past Outdoor Pursuits trip.  ~ photo courtesy of Jenn de Groot
Kiersten Senff climbing at Shelf Road ~ photo courtesy of Jenn de Groot

The Colorado State University-Pueblo Outdoor Pursuits program has scheduled a rock climbing trip for students to Shelf Road, near Canon City, Colorado, Nov. 12.

The cost of the trip is $20 for students and $15 for co-op members. The fee covers transportation, climbing gear, climbing instruction and dinner.

Jennifer de Groot, Outdoor Pursuits Public Relations and Marketing Supervisor, said students should wear athletic clothing and layers.

This event differs from other Outdoor Pursuits trips in that the total cost covers the required gear.

“Outdoor Pursuits will personally gather and fit all the climbing gear required for each of our participants, so they do not need to check it out for themselves from the Equipment Room like they do for our other trips.”

De Groot also said that students should expect varying temperatures.

“The temperatures at Shelf Road are pleasantly warm year-round, so students can look forward to cool morning temperatures and sunny, warm afternoon temperatures,” she said.

“Outdoor Pursuits relishes the opportunity to teach individuals brand-new skills. The trip is open to all skill levels, and participants can expect friendly and helpful guiding from Outdoor Pursuits facilitators leading the trip,” de Groot added.

For more information, students can stop by the Outdoor Pursuits Equipment Room, Monday, Wednesday, Thurs and Friday, between 12-5 p.m., or visit the CSU-Pueblo Outdoor Pursuits Facebook page.

Edited by: Theresa Wolf

Outdoor Pursuits Challenge Course Administrator Kiersten Senff climbing at Shelf Road on a past Outdoor Pursuits trip. Phot courtesy of Jenn de Groot