• The Creative Experience - coming to Fuel & Iron Food Hall from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Thursday 6/27. Join us for an evening of poetry, art, and music!

Holloween DUI enforcement

The Pueblo County Sherriff will be doing Halloween DUI patrol and enforcement this holiday weekend.

Deputy Laurie Kilpatrick said the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office has received special funding from the Colorado Department of Transportation to conduct DUI enforcement during the Halloween weekend. 

Kilpatrick said the Sheriff’s office will have additional deputies out all weekend to do traffic enforcement and DUI patrol.

She said Pueblo doesn’t offer programs such as No DUI Colorado Springs, but still advises that people make sure they have a designated driver.

Kilpatrick said that DUI checkpoints are very important during the holidays where there is usually a lot of drinking and partying.

“Anything that we can do to add the safety of the public is important. We want them to enjoy the festivities, but be sure to have a designated driver,” she said.

Kilpatrick said she wants college students to have fun, but to also stay safe.

“We want you to enjoy your parties. But you need to be aware of your surroundings and your safety,” she said.