Campus organizations to host special program

The Diversity Resource Center and the Colorado Division of Vocational Rehabilitation are sponsoring the Pick a Disability event at Colorado State University-Pueblo.

The event will be held on Nov. 17 from 11:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in the Diversity Resource Center at the Occhiato University Center in Room 031.

“The main reason for this event is because we want the campus to accept and understand what it means to have a disability and what having a disability is all about,” said LaNeeca Williams, the director of Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity and campus diversity at CSU-Pueblo.

The event will be conducted by a qualified facilitator and allows the participants to explore some of their beliefs and misconceptions about people who have disabilities.

Lunch is provided for the attendees. Individuals are encouraged to send an RSVP to Williams at [email protected].

Individuals who might be interested in coming include CSU-Pueblo faculty members, administrators, student leaders and students. This event is open to the public as well.

For those whom are planning to attend this event, contact Williams for a temporary parking pass.

“We are really just trying to make our campus more inclusive and make people aware of disabilities and of people who have them,” Williams said.