• SOCO Student Media, the new home of The Today, Rev 89, and Digital Sandbox!

Revitalize Skincare Studio: Empowerment in Embracing Your Skin

Urioste is at the front of Revitalize Skincare Studio, standing in front of a wall of her sourced products. Photo by Kooper Carroll.
The item table near the checkout desk includes facial products, lotions, bracelets, and other items. Photo by Kooper Carroll.

409 N Grand Avenue, Downtown Pueblo, is where Revitalize Skincare Studio sits, with a building of plush spa beds, calmly buzzing humidifiers, and fruity cleansers and oils. Andrea Urioste, head esthetician and independent owner of Revitalize Skincare Studio, ensures her business is always calm, warm, and, more than anything, a place that feels welcoming to anyone who steps into her studio. 

Urioste didn’t always envision this studio as her end goal. Originally, she imagined settling down with something more like a boutique. However, after briefly working as a secretary for an esthetician business, Urioste had found a different passion in life. Swiftly, Urioste earned her official esthetician license and, in 2021, opened Revitalize Skincare Studio to the public.

When asked about the quick change in her life and what made her so passionate about opening her studio, Urioste said Revitalize Skincare Studio was created for a specific reason. This studio was meant to be a place where anyone, young or old, could come and have their skin treated, a studio where someone could leave with beautiful, healthy skin and a new, confident glow. After Urisote fell in love with helping people treat their skin, Andrea knew this was it. Revitalize Skincare Studio was her final career goal. 

Urioste uses her passion to continue to reach her goal of helping people from all different lifestyles and ages to be confident and fall in love with their skin. This studio gives Andrea that chance to connect with people. “My demographic… it would just be anyone. Anyone, young or old. Anyone that wants to take care of their skin, and learn how to have a healthy way to do so, and how to use healthy products.” she said.

Urioste and her newly-founded all-female team began contacting the Pueblo community through social media. As a business focused on facials (and the studio has expanded to waxing as well), it was essential for Andrea to focus on connecting with the community and bringing in people willing to try a natural, uplifting, and empowering process. Facials are raw because you’re using all-new facial products and are trusting the esthetician to treat your skin carefully.

“I hope people (walk away) with confidence and knowledge. People walk away knowing how to treat their skin and handle those skin issues and problems, and they just walk away feeling better about themselves and moving forward with their skincare.” Urioste even explained that this sense of people walking away from Revitalize with a stronger understanding of self and knowledge in skincare expands beyond consumers; it also applies to her team. “I also want this to be a place where young estheticians can come, and learn, and grow, really learn the business.” 

Another point of Andrea’s business that she hopes encourages people to come in and hopes will help consumers feel more comfortable with the treatments is her dedication to using entirely clean products. Clean in skincare products are cruelty-free, naturally made, organic products. When Andrea was asked what products she uses for consumers, she explained, “One thing I’m big on is natural products. The product lines that we use are 98% natural, and they’re fruit-based. It has the different retinol and peptides that keep the skin healthy, but it’s all plants that do it; it’s not chemicals.” The company she works with, Farmhouse Fresh, grows the natural products on its farm, and by supporting her, you’re helping support animals as well, as Farmhouse Fresh uses their earnings to give to an organization to save farm animals from being abused.

“I just want women (or anyone) to embrace their natural beauty, regardless of what stage they’re at in their life. Just embrace it. Just be you as long as your skin is healthy and glowy.”

Revitalize Skincare Studio is at 409 N Grand Ave., Pueblo, Colo., 81003. Revitalize Skincare Studio makes appointments by booking, and they are always open to new customers booking appointments or coming in to ask inquiries. The best way to find Revitalize Skincare Studio online is through their official website, revitalizeskincarestudio.com, or the studio’s official Facebook, Revitalize Skincare Studio-Pueblo CO. For anyone interested in booking an appointment, call the Studio at +1 (719) 545-0699.