Meet the ASG candidates for Vice President of Legislative Affairs

Vanessa Rodriguez: Vice President for Legislative Affairs

Age: 20
    Year: sophomore
    Major/Minor: business management/ mass communications
    Party: Revamp

Why did you decide to run for the Associated Students’ Government?
    I decided to run for the Associated Students’ Government because one of my passions is this university. I joined ASG the first week I came to college and since then I have enjoyed being an advocate for every student. I enjoy being in ASG so much because I know what is happening on this campus and I can relay that information to other students.

What changes would you like to see at Colorado State University-Pueblo?
    One big change I would like to see here at Colorado State University-Pueblo is a better morale and school spirit. A few friends and I started a student organization called Pack Leaders where our main focus is to increase student involvement throughout all aspects of the university. I would also like to see more students stay on campus. This can be done through making students feel like this campus has something to offer. Food activities, as well as a sense of unity will be beneficial to this change. I also feel as if our campus is much departmentalized. Collaboration amongst the different colleges needs to happen.

In one sentence explain why students should vote for you.
    Students should vote for me because I love CSU-Pueblo and I think its time for everyone’s one-man wolf pack to join together and become one.

Returning ASG Members

What was the most significant change you made or were involved in making during your time in ASG?
    I think one of the most significant changes that I helped contribute to was the rally for higher education last year. CSU-Pueblo was on the forefront of the rally and this made other universities take recognition.

What has being involved with the ASG taught you and how can you apply that knowledge to this term?
    Being in ASG this year has taught me many things. My “bosses” are the students here at CSU-Pueblo. I work for them first and foremost. I have also learned how much I love what I do. I enjoy making new friends on campus and working for the betterment of this campus.