Changing of the sleeves: New Fall Fashion

As fall arrives and summer ends, it is time for a change in attire and fashion for CSU-Pueblo students.

“Living in Colorado means never knowing what the weather may be like,” said Larissa Hernandez, a 20-year-old sophomore studying speech pathology.

Larissa Hernandez is modeling a grey caridgan, black Uggs, a navy blue scarf and a large fashion ring. Photo by Andi Torguson
    Here are some helpful suggestions on what to wear that is fashionable and suits the weather at the same time for both women and men, according to Fashioncollection-men-women.com. This is a Web site women’s and men’s fashion.

For women, the large, animal prints are still very popular as well as see-through tops, according to Fashionising.com, which is a fashion Web site for current women fashion. Torn jeans and printed tops are easily accessorized with large, animal print earrings and studded bracelets.

“I really like the cardigan, ripped jeans and Uggs look because it is comfortable,” Hernandez said.

Skirts that are longer and pleated are a great addition to your wardrobe especially with long slits that can be revealing, but in a classy way, according to Allfashiontrends.com. This Web site follows women’s and men’s fashion trends.

“I think females are into layering their clothes and wearing big jewelry, anything that is an attention getter,” Hernandez said.

A new fashion that will be more popular in 2011 is heavily influenced by the “lingerie as outerwear” trend that Fashionising.com has been touting for some time now. We have coined a new term “loungerie”. With the elements of lingerie, street fashion and swimwear it is an impressive mixture.

According to Fashionising.com, women’s fashion this year has mostly been about extreme large animal prints and over-sized handbags, but it also involves plain colors that are more neutral. These lighter colors are popular in women’s and men’s fashion.

Patrick Damen is modeling light blue jeans and button down shirt, fitting the dressed-up casual look. Photo by Andi Torguson
    For blazers and jackets lighter colors such as beige and grey are great for cool mornings and nights for women and men, according to Fashioncollection-men-women.com.

For men’s fashion it about the dressed-up casual look. This is an effortless style that has fitted silhouettes, which is a classic look for outlining a young man’s physique.

“I wear button down or polo shirts and jeans without holes that aren’t baggy for a casual appearance that still looks nice,” said Patrick Damen, a 20-year-old junior studying athletic training and Spanish. “I like to think of myself of an urban prep in regards to how I dress.”

According to Allfashiontrends.com, a large, print v-neck muscle tank top with cuffed pants and a khaki two-button blazer is a great example of being comfortable and still looking sharp.

“I like to wear wind breakers and Ekco hoodies as the season changes and these types of clothes are in fashion for males in my opinion,” Damen said.