• The Creative Experience - coming to Fuel & Iron Food Hall from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Thursday 6/27. Join us for an evening of poetry, art, and music!

Alumni Assoc. teams up with OSA for homecoming

Photo courtesy of the CSU-Pueblo Website

The CSU-Pueblo Alumni Association has teamed up with student activities to host several events for this weekend’s homecoming activities.

The week’s activities kick off on Friday, September 1, with a nursing alumni and friends reunion. The event is being held at the Technology Building  from 2 to 5 pm. 

On Saturday, September 2, the Alumni Association will keep things rolling with tours of campus scheduled at 9 a.m. Former alumni are invited to come out to the campus and see all of the changes and improvements being made on campus as stated on homecoming week flyers. Coffee and donuts will be served as refreshments for the morning.

The day will continue at noon with the homecoming parade and tailgate which will precede the football game against Chadron State. The event will feature barbeque foods as well as soda and adult beverages for those of age.

Also scheduled for noon on Saturday is the second annual College of Math and Science homecoming lunch taking place at the Life Science Building foyer. 

Immediately following the football game the Alumni Association is hosting a post-game tailgate party designed  to bring together alumni, community members and students of the university. 

According to Tracy Samora, director of alumni relations, these events help enhance the relationship between students and community members, and can also be a great way to network with former students.

“Student are given the opportunity to speak to past alumni and network through them for internships or job opportunities,” Samora said.

The events will conclude Saturday night with a concert performed by the Pueblo Symphony Concert. The event is being held at 7:30 p.m. in Hoag Hall. Tickets will be available at the door with a special two-for-one discount for CSU-Pueblo Alumni.

All alumni and community members are invited to attend these events to see the happenings around the CSU-Pueblo campus.