Festivities kick off annual weekend game

To get the campus community pumped up for the football game against Chadron State College on Saturday, CSU-Pueblo held a pep rally and pig roast Friday, Oct. 1, in Residence Hall. 

Organized by the Office of Student Activities, the pep rally featured performances by the CSU-Pueblo cheerleading team, dance team and ThunderWolves Marching Band. The CSU-Pueblo marching band kicked off the event and set the energy level for the rally, said Alan Mills, director of bands and assistant professor of music at CSU-Pueblo.

Cheerleaders at the homecoming pep rally for 2009. Photo provided by the CSU-Pueblo TODAY achieves. Photo by Brittney Whatley

CSU-Pueblo fall athletes and coaches were also featured in the pep rally. After the football team arrived on their bus, John Wristen, head coach of the ThunderWolves football team, gave a pep talk followed by a speech by the team’s captains.

The event concluded with a pig roast that was free and open to the public.

For more information about Homecoming Week call 719-549-2151.