Student residing in Culebra Hall confirmed dead

A press release update, confirming the death on campus was that of a student in the residence halls, was sent to the campus community Monday, Jan. 30, at 3:55 p.m. 

“As a follow up to last evening’s email, the university has confirmed the death of a student in a Culebra Residence Hall room yesterday at approximately 6:05 p.m.  We will not release the name of the student or the cause of death at this time to respect the privacy of the family and to insure the integrity of the investigation by the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office and the county coroner,” according to the email sent by Cora Zaletel, executive director of External Affairs.

“Counselors will continue to be available to faculty, staff and students, 549-2830, for those who are struggling emotionally with the situation.  Details about a local memorial service will be released at the discretion of the family when available.”

Once again, the TODAY will not publish any information until confirmed.  The TODAY will continue monitoring this event and will release more information as it becomes available.

View Comments (2)