Second City comedy coming to CSU-Pueblo

The Second City, a comedy theatre from Chicago, will be coming to CSU-Pueblo Thursday, Feb. 2, at 8:30 p.m., at the Hoag Recital Hall.

The Second City comedians will perform for the Pueblo community Thursday, Feb, 2. Photo courtesy of comedyboost.com.

“Students have been enjoying comedy and we (Student Activities) wanted to bring more types to them,” said April Yost, student events coordinator.

Second City specializes in sketch and improv comedy, according to their website. It was founded in 1959, has produced some of the greatest comedians in history such as Bill Murray, Tina Fey, Steve Carell and Stephen Colbert, according to the university’s website.

“No topic or subject matter is off limits for The Second City.  If your parents asked you not to speak about it at the dinner table, chances are it will be made fun of in an evening with The Second City,” according to a press release. “Parental discretion is advised.”

The event is free of chage and open to everyone.

For more information, contact the Office of Student Activities at 719-549-2151.