CSU global community gains leadership

Dr. Robert Jones has been appointed the new chief Academic Officer for the Colorado State University Global Campus. CSU-Global Campus classes will begin this September and students are enrolling now.

Jones will have oversight of all academic operations, faculty appointments and coursed development at CSU-Global Campus. He will serve as chair on the Global Campus’ academic council, which will consist of representatives from the divisions of academic affairs at both the Fort Collins and Pueblo campuses.

Jones will develop accreditation goals and be the liaison with the Colorado Commission of Higher Education and Higher Learning Commission. He has extensive experience in accreditation policies and procedures. Jones handled the Higher Learning Commission accreditation from 2002-2004, NCAA recertification (2004-2005), and the microbiology program review (2001).

Jones said that he fully understands the weight the functionality of program review and outcome assessment has on accreditation. His administrative experience will give him the wherewithal to manage these aspects of higher education.

Jones earned a baccalaureate degree in veterinary science, the professional degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, and a Ph.D. in Microbiology.

Jones will retain an office and tenure on the Fort Collins campus, but will primarily be housed at the CSU-Global Campus office in Greenwood Village.