Give the hotline a buzz

Incoming freshmen and resident students alike agree that there is a “buzz” on campus this semester. A new recreation center, football stadium, gymnasium and ground breaking on a new student housing unit are all contributing to the excitement.

That is why the Office of Student Activities, located in the OUC room 002, implemented a new resource for students to help get them involved. The Student Activities Hotline is a resource students can use in order to find out the weekly events being hosted by the university.

As the enrollment of the university increases, so does the demand for extracurricular events and student activities. This holds especially true for students who live on campus. Whether in the Walking Stick Apartments, the Residence Hall or one of the satellite dormitories established around the north side of Pueblo, students need something to do.

During the opening week of the semester some activities featured on the hotline included a world renowned hypnotist, an activities fair, salsa dancing and favorite local music group The Martini Shot. The first week’s activities seemed to be a success, as most of the events filled up with students and community members.

Throughout the semester the hotline will be featuring university sponsored events. Mondays consist of current events discussions. The campus will feature live music on Tuesdays. Wednesdays are full of high energy entertainment. Life skills workshops will be taught on Thursdays, and Friday concludes with a weekly film series.

All of these events offer students and faculty members a chance to become involved in university activities. Whether it’s sporting events, concerts or another activities fair, the activities hotline will keep students busy. All students are invited to attend these university sponsored events and are encouraged to participate.

The activities hotline is a great resource for students, so go ahead and give it a call. The Student Activities Hotline can be reached at 719-549-2550.