CSU-Pueblo to host philanthropic concert for students

The Epic Proportioins tour looks to make its way to Massari Arena Oct. 8. Photo courtesy of facebook.com/epicproportionstour.
    CSU-Pueblo will host a free concert at Massari Arena for students and the public Oct. 8, at 7 p.m.

The show is part of the Epic Proportions Tour. The tour will feature artists Lost in Atlantis and Gabe Kubanda.

“There will be a third group performing from Denver,” said Gena Alfonso, program assistant for CSU-Pueblo. However, the third groups is unknown. Alfonso says she doesn’t have the information on the third group but will know soon.

Kubanda was featured on VH1 Classic’s reality show “Rock N Roll Fantasy Camp.” After his stint on reality television, Kubanda left his band, Letters Burning, to pursue a solo career. On Kubanda’s website, gabekubanda.com, Kubanda lists his influences as rock ‘n’ roll legends: Guns N Roses, Van Halen, The Ramones, KISS, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix.

Throughout his music career, Kubanda had the opportunity to perform with members of bands members such as, Sammy Hagar of Van Halen, Duff McKagen and Matt Sorum of Guns N Roses, Paul Stanley of KISS, Marky Ramone of The Ramones, and Eddie Kramer an audio engineer who worked with Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix.

Also part of the Epic Proportions Tour and contrasting Kubanda’s acoustic pop style is the alternative/rocktronica/synthpop group Lost in Atlantis. A five man front, Lost in Atlantis was founded by members Eric Pinedo and Elisabetha Rosnowski. The remaining members of Lost in Atlantis include Eric Pinedo’s brother Time Pinedo, as well as Ryan Streeter and David Allen.

Lost in Atlantis can be expected to bring a “really unique glow in the dark show”, said Alfonso. On the band’s website on reverbnation.com, they compared their style to that of Lady Gaga, Paramore, Muse, No Doubt, and Incubus.

Pinedo’s and Rosnowski’s, “Passion for alternative music, weird synthesizer sounds, and Subway sandwiches” led to the band’s creation, according to their biography, found on reverbnation.com.

The Epic Proportions Tour was co-founded by Kubanda with the goal of bringing unsigned bands on the road with him as stated on Kubanda’s website. The Epic Proportions Tour isn’t just about the music.

“The tour is a partner of the Keep a Breast foundation and will be selling items to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness,” said Alfonso.

Known for their “I love boobies” bracelets the Keep a Breast Foundation is a 501 non-profit.

The organization’s mission is “to eradicate breast cancer for future generations,” by providing “support programs for young people impacted by cancer and educate people about prevention, early detection, and cancer-causing toxins in our everyday environment.” As stated on its website, www.keep-a-breast.org.

Keep a Breast is supported in its mission through partnerships foundations Keep a Breast Canada, Keep a Breast Europe, and Keep a Breast Japan and was founded by Shaney Jo Darden and Mona Mukherjea-Gehri in 2000.