Free bus rides for CSU-Pueblo

The Pueblo Transit is now providing free bus trips to and from Colorado State University-Pueblo for students, faculty and staff, said Cora Zaletel, executive director of external affairs at the university.On Aug. 25, the Pueblo City Council approved a new city bus service for Colorado State University-Pueblo students living in the off-campus residence halls, Zaletel said. The CSU-Pueblo Housing Express will shuttle students, faculty and staff directly to and from the university with stops at the major off-campus residence halls along the way.

These express buses will arrive at numerous housing locations every half hour Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. until 9:40 a.m. Zaletel said the buses will arrive at CSU-Pueblo every half hour from 7:15 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.

A second route, called the CSU-Pueblo Shopping Circulator, will allow students, faculty and staff to stop and shop at many of Pueblo’s retail outlets on the way to or from the university, she said. These buses will run hourly from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday.

Stops include shopping centers along Dillon Drive, such as Wal-Mart, the Pueblo Mall and Albertson’s, Zaletel said. The Circulator will also stop at the Quality Inn on Outlook Boulevard, the Clarion at the intersection of Elizabeth Street and Patty Lane, the post office at Club Manor Drive and Fortino Boulevard.

She said the new bus services are funded by CSU-Pueblo to provide a free service to university students, faculty and staff with a valid CSU-Pueblo I.D.

The new service addresses the need for transportation for off-campus students, Zaletel said, while contributing to the university’s efforts to be environmentally friendly.

“The no-charge bus service provides a transportation alternative to students and staff who can benefit from the cost savings from leaving their vehicles at home and taking the bus to work and school,” she said.

View Comments (1)