• The Creative Experience - coming to Fuel & Iron Food Hall from 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. Thursday 6/27. Join us for an evening of poetry, art, and music!

Haunted house invades campus for the weekend

“Sickle Cell” will make its way to the CSU-Pueblo Life Science building. Photo from morguefile.com
    CSU-Pueblo’s Medical Science Society and Biology club will be hosting their annual haunted house in the Life Science building on Oct. 26 and 27 from 7p.m. through midnight.

This year’s theme is Sickel Cell. The maze of actors and scary scenes will feature a prison and a graveyard.

“The theme changes every year but is a play on the title ‘sickle cell’. We used ‘cell’ as in prison cell and then a graveyard scene to represent that of Grim Reaper’s ‘sickle’,” said Ashley Glasser, a member of the Medical Science Society.

The haunted house has been an annual event since the 1970s but this will be the first year that the event is involving other clubs to put on a carnival and concession area in addition to the haunted house.

The haunted house will be $7 for non-students and $5 for students with their IDs. Concessions and the carnival will be a separate cost.

Money raised from the haunted house will be used to educate students in Pueblo about science, technology, engineering, and math, also known as the STEM subjects, as well as for students planning to attend graduate school.

“We use these funds to help purchase materials for needed for the students as well as educate pre-professional students of CSU-Pueblo by providing them with access to aid with the acceptance tests needed to apply to professional programs such as the MCAT, GRE, PCAT, and DAT,” said Glasser.

View Comments (1)