Vice President’s greetings for a Pakistani student

CSU-Pueblo international student Talha Qureshi meets with current Vice President Joe Biden. Photo from Talha Qureshi.
    Joe Biden visited Pueblo for the political campaign on Nov 3. It was a complete shock for me to see the U.S. Vice President himself coming down to the audiences to greet them individually, since this practice does not happen in my home country of Pakistan.

The best of all moments was when he came down towards me in the audience and I mentioned to him that I am an international student from Pakistan and I am thankful to his government for allowing to me to be in America, and in reply he said, “We are extremely glad to have you in our country.”

This is the true example of democracy where a Vice President himself comes down to the general public and realizes the importance of common people, whether or not they are U.S. citizens.

I had never imagined in my wildest dream that I would meet the Vice President of the United States of America, and he would treat me with respect and dignity.

As a Pakistani, I am proud to represent my country on international forums and will do all I can to take the name of my country Pakistan higher.

Thank you Joe Biden for providing me with the opportunity to see you during your Vice Presidential address at Pueblo.