Spotlight on Reading/Writing: Clif Smith

The TODAY’s Spotlight on Reading/Writing features CSU-Pueblo faculty and staff sharing their reading and writing experiences. The column is co-sponsored by the English and Foreign Languages Department and the English Club. This week’s feature highlights Clif Smith.

Name: Clif Smith

csmith.jpgUniversity position: Adjunct instructor, English

Educational background: MA, Adams State College in Alamosa; BS, Southwest Texas State University in San Marcos, Texas

Favorite book of all time: Too tough, but I’ll say “Billy Budd” by John Milton

Favorite guilty reading pleasure (easy, “beach” read): Kinky Friedman, Carl Hiaasen, Jeffrey Deaver and local/area history

Favorite quote: “A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your greatest writing success and how you accomplished it: A paper in a Humanities class on a comparison of Tchiakovsky and the French National Anthem — I accomplished the task by doing research and listening to music over and over!

Your most challenging writing experience and how you tackled it: Master’s degree research project — step by step organized research

What are you currently reading? Mainly things for my classes.

For more information on this feature, contact English Club sponsor and English lecturer Constance Little ([email protected]), 549-2197.