CSU-Pueblo to host Young Women’s Conference

Colorado State University-Pueblo is set to welcome female high school and college students during its fifth annual Young Women’s Conference scheduled for Nov. 12.The annual event usually brings between 60 and 65 young women to the college campus, said Carol Loats, chairwoman for the conference.

She said she often receives letters and phone calls of commendation following each year’s conference from kids and guidance coaches.

The objective of the conference is to help young women prepare for life. Female speakers are expected at the conference to share their life experiences to help encourage the female listeners.

Workshops are scheduled during the conference during which attendees will be grouped with guidance coaches to do different activities, with eight girls to each two coaches, Loats said. The coaches are usually young women who volunteer, along with paid employees from several local organizations.

The Young Women’s Conference is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the OUC Ballroom. For more information or to register, call Carol Loats at 549-2348.