Demand for CSU-Pueblo gear increases amid National Championship win

CSU-Pueblo's bookstore carries championship gear. Photo by Shelby Aebischer
CSU-Pueblo’s bookstore carries championship gear.
Photo by Shelby Aebischer

Demand for CSU-Pueblo gear has increased since the university football team won the Division II National Championship in December. The campus bookstore and various stores around Pueblo have started carrying a high volume of ThunderWolf merchandise.

Bookstore employees said they have to constantly place new orders to meet the high demand of consumers.

“There has been a high increase in sales through the bookstore these past couple months, ever since we won the championship. When we won, we got non-stop orders and we still have to keep reordering gear because of the demand of championship appeal,” said bookstore employee Nikki Prisco.

CSU-Pueblo merchandise can also be found in various other stores throughout Pueblo.

“The spirit store and another place in the mall also are selling Colorado State University-Pueblo champion gear,” Prisco said.

Larger chains Wal-Mart and Walgreens also started carrying university apparel, including t-shirts, sweaters, sweatpants, headbands, socks and many more items in a variety of sizes and colors.

Prisco said it is essential for the community to support CSU-Pueblo.

“I think it is important for the community to support the university and its achievements, because it is a major accomplishment and they should be proud of that,” she said.

Executive Director of External Affairs Cora Zaletel said community support benefits the university.

“Everybody is wearing Colorado State University-Pueblo gear and that’s awesome. Support from the local community is helping make such a difference to the university,” she said.