CSU-Pueblo to host student to alumni networking reception

Photo courtesy of Alumni Association
Photo courtesy of Alumni Association

Colorado State University-Pueblo will host a Student to Alumni and Community Networking Reception March 2 from 3.30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. The event will be located at the Hearthwell Lounge in the Occhiato University Center.

Director of the Alumni Association Tracy Samora will host the event, which is entering its fifth year at CSU-Pueblo.

“The partners for the event are the CSU-Pueblo Career Center, the Greater Pueblo Chamber of Commerce, the Latino Chamber of Commerce, PEDCO, Power Credit Union and the Pueblo West Chamber of Commerce,” Samora said.

Samora said this program is beneficial to all CSU-Pueblo students.

“The benefits of networking are essential in any career path. Students should understand that participation in the event could lead to internship opportunities as well as possible employment. Networking is an extremely valuable skill that students need to be exposed to before entering the workforce,” Samora added.

Samora said many business leaders from different industries within the Pueblo community will be attending the event.

“Students should come prepared to interact and engage with those leaders who are present,” Samora said.

“This is a unique opportunity to speak with these individuals one-on-one, ask questions, discuss potential internships or employment opportunities and also to get to know these leaders on a personal basis.”

Samora mentioned that she has advertised throughout campus as well as with different mediums for the event.

“As far as promoting the event to students, we have promoted the event on REV89, through The Howl, fliers have been posted on campus. We have sent it to senior seminar classes and e-mailed all students to encourage them to attend,” she said.

Samora has also been working with Associated Students’ Government to reach to student leaders on the CSU-Pueblo campus.

“We have also worked with our Alumni Board of Directors, and with our event partners to encourage business leaders and alumni to attend by inviting them personally.”

The deadline to RSVP for the event was on Feb. 24, but for those with more questions or information on future events, please contact Samora through email at [email protected] or by calling 719-549-2858.