State’s finest take the field

Student athletes raise their team flags, and each other, to signal the start of the 2022 All-State Games. [Today photo/Kimmy Reinhardt]
A cheerleader waves the Colorado High School Coaches Association Flag Thursday evening during a tailgate event at the ThunderBowl. [Today photo/Kimmy Reinhardt]

CSU Pueblo hosts 2022 Colorado High School Coaches Association All-State Games

By Kimmy Reinhardt and Brenden Vigil

Some of the state’s finest high school athletes will be on campus this weekend for the 2022 Colorado High School Coaches Association (CHSCA) All-State Games.

This invitation event is a capstone for high school seniors from across the state who, along with top coaches, are given one last opportunity to represent their schools, teams and communities and regions in eight different sports. Starting Friday morning, prep sports fans were treated to a full day of wrestling, volleyball, boys and girls basketball, and, at 7 p.m. football in the ThunderBowl. The action continues Saturday with volleyball and basketball in Massari Arena.

The two days of contests kicked off Thursday night with a tailgate event on the turf in the ThunderBowl. For a full schedule of events, see the CHSCA website, and stay with the CSU Pueblo Today online and on social media for Friday night coverage from the gridiron.