Land of Ozz: A Shop of the Rare, Vintage and Unique

By Camerron Martin

Union Ave. offers many sights and places to go that offer various services, ranging from restaurants to stores full of interesting products; however, located at 131 S. Union Ave. is a shop that anyone will agree holds some of the most fascinating sights and products along the entire street. The Land of Ozz is a small store that has been a part of the Pueblo community for almost three years, and it is any collector, metalhead, or eighties child’s dream store. 

The Land of Ozz offers a wide variety of hand-picked products by the owners. They search nationwide for more authentic products to bring into their inventory. Owners Sue and Marc Scozzafava, originally from New Jersey, came down from Colorado Springs, Colo., to give our town a place where they can share the importance of music and history in a way that anyone who stops by can enjoy. 

“In Pueblo, there’s one flea market; in Jersey, there’s a flea market for every day of the week,” stated Sue. 

Items such as vinyl records, authentic signatures, t-shirts, vintage clothes, pin-up memorabilia, collectibles from the eighties and so much more are given second chances to be bought and taken to a good home. Every room of their store has a theme that can cater to just about anyone. 

In response to how their location benefits them, they stated that being in such proximity to the Riverwalk really brings in a lot of foot traffic. It produces very dedicated customers who all become like family to the store and love being a part of Pueblo’s historical community downtown. 

Sue and Marc take a lot of time to ensure that their customers are cared for and can find what they are looking for. 

Marc stated, “If you want a pin-up poster from the 1950s, you’ll get a pin-up poster from the 1950s.” Hand-picking special items is a large part of the store’s uniqueness.

Online cooperation sites such as Amazon that offer similar items, charge more with added shipping for a product you may never know the quality of. At Land of Ozz, you will never find a bad deal. Above all else, they offer extremely fair prices on all their products and never add shipping fees to those who order from them. The only rare occasion you might have to break into your piggy bank is if you’re interested in a seriously vintage and quality product. 

Overall, Sue and Marc are happy with their current setup and place in our community. Sue stated, “We enjoy Pueblo and its offers, and we want to bring in a younger generation.” 

One of their main goals is to share the memories and teach the history of a different time to the people who didn’t get the chance to experience it. They want to make sure that those they tell know the history as honestly and accurately as possible. 

Sue also stated that they would like to acquire another location with more space and an outdoor area. They intend to use the space to host live bands of all genres, serving coffee and continuing to further their goals of sharing such a unique and colorful history with new generations. 

The Land of Ozz is a remarkable store, and Sue and Marc are even more notable people who will make sure that you find what you’re looking for, making it a must-see experience for anyone looking for an excellent place to stop by while in Pueblo.