Southern Colorado Fashion’s 1st spring showcase success

Models showcasing original designs from CNMuerte. Photo by Madison Lira.

By Madison Lira

A little boy making his second debut on the runway, guests of all ages showed up in their best dresses for the show, and a DJ set the mood for the models debuting in never before seen designs. The back of The Abriendo Inn is covered in beautiful centerpieces with flowers lined on the grass, letting the models know where to strut for the show. The crowd gleams and applauds the debut models and designers who showcased these dazzling outfits. The show was also accompanied by Pueblo’s growing musician, Morgan Cox, who performed and walked the flowered runway wearing one of the stylish designs. 

Southern Colorado Fashion (SCF), a local fashion collective striving for inclusivity and diversity, hosted the event on Apr. 29. Having hosted its first showcase in Jan. of this year, the collective decided to show off seven more of its designers and many more models who show that SCF is dedicated to its core values of inclusivity and diversity. 

The showcase featured a stunning array of collections: Customs by Ray (Ray Tiscareno) with handmade mixed-media pieces, CNMuerte (Cozamalotl Muerte) with 18+ pieces confidently making their debut, Rainbow Rosies (Celina Padilla) with locally sourced pieces, and Pueblo Gives Art alongside Pueblo Drip (Ginna Alejandra Pollock & Jai Von Kreator) with their Pueblo inspired wearable art pieces featured in this showcase. 

Over 35 models made their debut walking down the steps of the Abriendo Inn to showcase these fantastic outfits the stylists spent countless hours and days on. Some models that walked down and around the floral catwalk were: Devlin Anderson, Catherine Ann Stain, Yordan Park, Jaelyn Cedillo, Caitlyn Marie Resch, and Nevaeh Jude. 

CEO, founder, producer, and director behind Southern Colorado Fashion, Schakara Tiscareno, further discussed how SCF provides artists of Pueblo and the southern Colorado region to make their mark. 

“SCF is an inclusive community that supports Creatives, Artists, Talents, Queer, and BIPOC as an Art and Fashion Collective that fosters authentic expression and a safe space of non-judgment. SCF is here to bridge the gap between Art and Society!” said Tiscareno. 

SCF strives to bring new themes to the table for their showcases and new stylists, venues, elements, artists, designers, and talent to further show how art and fashion come in many different forms. 

“Every showcase is different and cultivated to fit our collective and participating designers and artist,” said Tiscareno. Tiscareno also exclaimed, “I hope attendees leave our showcase inspired! I want attendees to feel a sense of belonging as part of SCF’s Art and Fashion Community. We hope attendees leave with excitement and enthusiasm for our next Fashion Show.” 

For those in Pueblo or the Southern Colorado region interested in modeling or designing new fashion looks for Southern Colorado Fashion, the collective holds talent auditions before their showcases. 

“This allows models the opportunity to participate if selected. We hold New and Returning Talent Workshops to support all models entering and/ or expanding in the Model Industry. Our workshop provided all the necessary knowledge and skills needed to be successful in this Industry.” said Tiscareno. 

The next talent showcase SCF will have is Jul. 9 from 12-1 p.m. at the Pueblo West Library, with model auditions following right after from 1-2 p.m. for their fall showcase, which will be held on Aug. 26.